Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Kitchen Tips for Dummies#01

Hi ..... This is Shweta.
I have been on my own for some time with no experience wat-so-ever bt cooking :) Everyday when i had to cook i would recall all those moments when my mom dad asked to learn few things @kitchen & i didnt bothr.

So i thought why not to pen down those recipes which helped me survive 18 long months in a city whose food habits weren't even close to mine. There are many ...i mean monstrous no of people who just like me have no idea bt "cooking".

Hope it helps :)

Let me begin with some MUST HAVES which come in handy when u stay on ur own ... PG ... Flat (obv w/o ur family/relatives/cousins ...) Hostel
  • Fruit
  • Cornflakes, Oatmeal
  • Additives to milk - boost, bournvita etc ...watever makes u gulp down that glass of milk
  • Maggie, Cup noodles
  • Egg
  • Biscuit
  • Bread, Bun, Cake
  • Chips :) :)
  • Chocolate :)
  • Fruit crush, Juice, Tang or something like that
  • If u r a coffee lover like me do keep those instant cappuccinos sachets and of course regular coffee
  • Salt, Pepper(Black pepper) - they help .. trust me !
If u have the facility of Fridge
  • Curd
  • Butter, Jam
  • Cheese, Paneer
  • Milk - Packet milk, tetra pack ur choice
  • Mayonnaise
*Make it a habit to check the expiry on all the stuffs u buy. Even the store where u think things are sold regularly have old/expired stuff. They just dnt bother.




No comments: